In a packed Council session yesterday, which drew dozens of land bank supporters, one bill drew...
Published: 09/06/2013 | 0 Comments Posted
We always get a ton of stuff that doesn't make it into the official agenda for one reason or another. Or sometimes it does! Are you even reading this part? I had a pet turtle for years but then I had to let him go. Anyway, this is some of the stuff that CP staffers are attempting to get to this weekend their own selves. You have no excuse for boredom.
Friday, September 6
- When/Reconstruction is a two-fer art installation @ Painted Bride, and tonight's the opening reception.
- In fact there's a ton of stuff going on art-wise on this fine, Spring-ish day. See Holly Otterbein's First Friday Focus.
- Our BFFs at Farm 51 want to expand their dirty kingdom. There's a party/benefit tonight!
- Don't forget this dude who draws on money. His stuff's showing @ Black Vulture.
- More art: Sean Martorana @ Indy Hall.
- This looks pretty cool: Required Reading: Interpretations of Literature by Phantom Hand. @ Art Dept.
- Vagabond's doing a pop-up.
- Porcelain Raft plays Johnny Brenda's.
- The Waitstaff is doing a Fringe Happy Hour @ L'Etage.
- Secret Cinema's showing lost Philly gems @ Freeman's.
- Skeletor @ the Troc
- Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze @ World Cafe Live
- Great hip-hop lineup @ The Fire, including Reef the Lost Cauze.
Saturday, September 7
- They Might Be Giants is playing the WHYY Connections Festival.
- The Northern Liberties Fall Music Festival has a decent lineup: Mike Simons, Cowmuddy, Rock School and more. @ Liberty Lands.
- South Philly Garden Tour!
- No Age @ PhilaMOCA.
- Dear Hunter @ Union Transfer.
- The Vulcans @ World Cafe Live.
- There's Hempfest and the afterparty @ Ortlieb's with Kuf Knotz.
Sunday, September 8
Icepack Illustrated: If Vince Fumo runs for the office, is the Philly Apocalypse near?
Since Thanksgiving Eve, the Philly A&E news cycle has been on hyper-overdrive, as if an old...
City Council moves on compromised land bank
City Council just held hearings and advanced legislation to create a land bank - a long mulled,...