If Icepack Illustrated looks a little short this week, it’s due to some physical health issues...
Published: 08/30/2013 | 0 Comments Posted
We always get a ton of stuff that doesn't make it into the official agenda for one reason or another. Or sometimes it does! Anyway, this is some of the stuff that CP staffers are attempting to get to this weekend their own selves. You have no excuse for boredom.
FRIDAY AUGUST 30
- Artist Ryan Haley's throwing a heavy metal art party @ the Satellite Café.
- Umphrey's McGee and Sound Tribe Sector 9 @ The Mann's Skyline Stage.
- Land of the Lost plays ’80s rock on WXPN.
- Time Hitler plays Connie's Ric-Rac. Is that the Hitler who travels through time, or the one who just keeps track of time really well?
- Swarm, Nemesisters, Downtown Boys, Priests and Neonates play LAVA Space. Not sure what they sound like but this photo's pretty cool.
- Laura Marling plays the Prince but it's sold out so whatevs.
- The Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival runs all weekend in Woodstown, NJ.
- Shigeto @ Johnny Brenda's.
SATURDAY AUGUST 31
- DJ Cutman drops 8 new bits @ PhilaMOCA.
- Hard Nips @ MilkBoy.
- Wing King 5 @ Fleischer. A full-on BBQ, music, dunk tank type thing.
- Spaceship Aloha plays 40th and Walnut.
- Get electric with Soft Metals and Gemini Wolf @ Ortlieb's.
- Ruin reunites @ Union Transfer. It's kind of a big deal.
SUNDAY AUGUST 18
- Low Cut Connie and the Geator team up in Margate.
- The Queers and Dwarves play The Barbary.
- The Beets @ KFN.
See Braille street art in its unnatural environment — a gallery
Back in August we wrote about Braille street art, the product of a special partnership between...
Huge horror-movie convention happening near Philly this weekend
In its 27th installment, Monster-Mania Con, one of the largest horror-film and memorabilia...