FYI: This image has been cropped and turned sideways.
So, Diplo — ex-Philly DJ of Major Lazer and the Mad Decent label — did a big old AMA on Reddit yesterday, on the occasion of his new Revolution EP. Highlights include (typos intact):
- philly was great because there no built in fans and no one will support u .. u have to do it yourself but it made all the Djs from there .. loads better then other cities. big shout to sean agnew, dave pianka, quest love, jazzy jeff, cash money trpldouble, rjd2... low budget.. everone that helped me from the beginning
- i work on songs until there is like 40 -50 versions sometimes..sounds nothing like the first idea... btu thats why they become unique maybe.. sometimes its very stressful .. right nwo I'm about to give up on this one song
- lol my parents moved!i definitely had sex in the parking lot in my Vw bus tho
- i think most of the records i make still happen spontaneously .. meet someone at a party.. or on DM on twitter.. or a late night random session thru text.. that how i always end up at 2chainz studios.
- post a pic of ur butt
- every drug has to have a come down.. that never made it worth it to me
- i think im a musician but its a few steps after being a person with good ideas or at least wierd ones and i think i can accomplish them with music right now som im trying to do it..
- i love white girls!
- im an anarchist
Uh, some of those might make more sense in context. Anyway, there was a nice little moment where Sean Agnew of R5 Productions shows up:
Sean Agnew: Am i allowed to sell your speakers that you left in my house when you moved outta Philly?
Diplo: these are only bassbins btw.. and yes highest bidder hit up Sean
Sean Agnew: I'll sell bass-bins to higest bidder on this thread. Proceeds will goto Philly schools. Bid below. Have to come to Philadelphia and pick them up. They are big and loud. Lots of famous people played on them
So there it is, a public meeting, a mini-charitable auction/Storage Wars-type scenario established to benefit Philly school music programs. Get your bass bins today.
Concert review: Lorde @ Tower Theater
[3/8] “Did you just die? I just died.” This was exclaimed not by Lorde — despite her zombie...
Icepack Illustrated: Kroll, Starr, Thicke, etc.
If Icepack Illustrated looks a little short this week, it’s due to some physical health issues...
See Braille street art in its unnatural environment — a gallery
Back in August we wrote about Braille street art, the product of a special partnership between...